How is your iPhone battery doing after a year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotty56, Jun 9, 2008.

1. scotty56 macrumors regular

After watching/reading the keynote from today, I was curious how all the older iPhones (June-September) are doing battery wise? The new battery claims seem pretty nice.

And also, what was apples policy on batteries again? How much to get a new one?

2. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

my battery life (after 1 year) is MUCH WORSE than it was the day i bought it. i'd say the health is around 50-60%

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

mine was doing pretty good, but I just sold it about a week ago, If you want it replaced you should be able to just go into a apple store and tell them that the battery dies too quickly, and i think they will replace yours...

4. scotty56 thread starter macrumors regular

so if I just go in and say to the apple guys my battery dies all the time/will not hold a charge they will just replace my battery for me? I dont really need a new phone, just a new battery. thanks!

5. bbydon macrumors 6502a

6. scotty56 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats for an iPhone out of warranty. I called apple and they said i still have 91 days left on my warranty. I have an appointment tomorrow with my local store. What will they do to check my battery life?

7. Slidemonster macrumors newbie

New Iphone - same ol' battery design?

Anybody experiencing battery issues since the iPhone is only a year old?

I don't understand. Isn't Apple trying to lure more business users as for the iPhone? It seems to be a wonderful tool (after reading about new software that can create video conferencing on the iphone).

I'm very concerned about battery life however..... prolly the poorest design is not having a replacable battery (unlike 99% of all other hardware manufactures).

Sure, get the applecare plan..... but how long am I out of phone while they service it?

Anybody use this for business?

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I can't tell a difference with respect to the battery life. Still get amazing battery life.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Tough call for me since I've had it replaced in October '07. But, it's going strong, as I keep it charged and in its dock when I'm at home and charged while in the car. It's gotten down to the red one time and I immediately set up my MB and recharged it to full capacity. :cool:

10. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i charge mine every night, usually get around 4 hrs usage before it hits red.

11. Slidemonster macrumors newbie

How long were you out of using your iphone while the battery was being replaced? (Thanks for your reply in advance)

12. JonboyDC macrumors regular

I've had mine for a year, with no noticeable decrease in battery life.

13. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I've had mine since day one. I haven't noticed any difference. Still last me all day and then some.

14. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I get only like 3 and a half hours of usage, maybe someitmes 4. Sucks, but battery technology has only gone so far.