Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is your new MacBook Pro 2008 running?

• Flawless... or just very minor issues

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • Problems... have to consult with Apple

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I doubt anyone has problems right now, and if they did immediately, they would probably return or exchange their MBP. the penryn model hasn't been out long enough for people to be getting tons of repairs :D

dallas112678

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I doubt anyone has problems right now, and if they did immediately, they would probably return or exchange their MBP. the penryn model hasn't been out long enough for people to be getting tons of repairs :D

Well i got the 2.5 15" the day after they came out and had to go through 2 exchanges because the first had yellowing on the screen then the second had the weird right fan buzz. I took it back and did a BTO 15" 2.6 7200RPMHDD and it gets here tommorrow, hopefully its flawless :)

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
One Very Minor Problem

Occasionally on a web page I get a double image or a very blurry line of double script? If I restart it will clear up, what is causing this? The only thing I have done is up the ram to 4Gb.

nukztar

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Temperature Issues

Ok, this is my first mac.. but i have to say.. the thing gets bloody hot!.. ive got a macbook pro 2.5 penryn. And there is no way that i could leave the thing on my lap for an extended period of time... But other than 3-4 OS X crashes requiring a hard reset,,, i cant get enough of the thing..

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
Bought mine the day they released it and im in love, it's a GREAT machine, It's much cooler than previous model and it doesnt make a sound! :) And between 42-48 degrees at all times (even after 3-4 days uptime) It's Great.

Joko

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Occasionally on a web page I get a double image or a very blurry line of double script? If I restart it will clear up, what is causing this? The only thing I have done is up the ram to 4Gb.

i noticed this before i installed the leopard update and it has happened since.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
No major problems yet!

My screen doesn't meet up like it's supposed to, but it's a minuscule difference and not even worth whine! I don't have the money yet to update my RAM, but when I do, it'll be so much better!

Teddman

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
Schweich
Mine runs great so far. Gaming performance is just awesome for me. I´ve used a 4 years old windows macine before and the difference is just stunning. It runs a little hot though but I think that´s normal.

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2006
after 3 machines.. first one was a SR, then the next two were Peryn machines... The machine is now running flawless. No problems what so ever.

-JoE

rlm22b

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
Indiana
The first one was very cool but it had a buzzing speaker. I exchanged it and this one is pretty quiet but seems slightly warmer than the last one. The MBP is my first Mac, not sure how long usual charge time is but it seems kinda long to me.

ucsdmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
running great! When i still had 2gb in it.. and opened up multiple programs at once with just only ~40mb left..it was still smooth. Now with freshly installed crucial.. is a "screamer":D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.