How is your SGS doing ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mypyh4ooo, Jul 26, 2015.

1. mypyh4ooo macrumors regular

Just curious to find out how people with the SGS are getting on ? Have you found any marks on it overtime on the casing especially or is it pretty durable ? And finally any discolouration on the colour at all ? I've had mine for couple of weeks now with no problems touch wood.

Thanks guys

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

My space grey sport still looks brand new but it does have a pretty large scratch on the screen :(

3. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

My SGS is still perfect after nearly 2 months. There is a very light scratch on the screen which you only notice if you know it's there that I must have done whilst at work in a factory. I expect there will be more eventually but my iPhone has tonnes of very light scratches and I never notice those.

The case of my watch hasn't got a single mark on it and it's been knocked a few times. Very durable in both structure and finish.

4. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

My screen is fine but the aluminum in the space grey isn't great. I have a mark on it from hitting it on a glass table and also some marks around the screen for no apparent reason.

5. PilotC150 macrumors member

I've had mine since day one and it's pretty much perfect. I put a case on it when I'm mountain biking, but otherwise it's never in a case. The sport band definitely has signs that it's three months old (slightly holding it's shape when I take it off), but that's to be expected with any fluoroelastomer. No fading, scratches or anything on any part of my watch or band.

6. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Looks great here, no issues.

Black Sport Band looks fine too. Some minor wear but nothing visible when wearing. Very happy!

7. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

Still perfect. So scratches. no wear on the band. Still showroom new

8. FrisbeeK9, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm starting to see tiny marks on the side of my Space Grey Sport. I have an armor suit screen protector, so the screen is flawless, but the body has taken a little damage. Its not really noticeable without looking for it, but I know its there. :/

I do have Applecare+ so if it get really bad, I'll get a replacement.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

No issues with mine but I haven't bashed it against anything (yet!) so I wouldn't expect any issues

11. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Just got done moving, and knocked it on door frames / furniture a few times. Haven't noticed any wear on the case, nor scratches on the screen :D

12. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Mine was beat to hell.

Silver scratches mainly on the upper right corner (I mainly hit it there on things), a few over the body, and one bad gnash on the screen. Just AC+'d it, though, so should be brand new.

13. Klaatu63 macrumors regular

Klaatu63

Three weeks and not a scratch, but I take precautions (remove the watch) when working in the yard, landscaping, and pond maintenance. I am a little fraidy scared.

14. lionsy macrumors 6502

I caved almost immediately and got a spigen case, so I guess it's still alright under there :p

15. tomllama macrumors regular

Case still looks fine but a number of scratches on the face after 2 months. First and worst scratch happened in the first week or so and I have no idea how, there was no obvious mishap.

16. mchlwise macrumors member

mchlwise

Screen is perfect.

I just yesterday noticed a tiny nick on the bottom next to the face glass. It was pretty hard to see in normal light, but I happened to be in direct sunlight and it caught the nick lighting it up pretty good. It didn't wipe off, and when I ran my thumbnail over it, it caught, so it was definitely a nick.

I put a dot from a black sharpie over the nick, let it dry for a few minutes, then rubbed it off with my finger. The black ink stayed in the nick, covering it up, and came off everywhere else.

I haven't babied it, but I haven't been careless either. It's going to show more wear and tear I'm sure, but so far I'm very pleased with how it's held up.