How likely is it 6S will still have 1GB RAM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AverageBob, Sep 18, 2014.

1. AverageBob macrumors member

Strongly considering buying the 6 right now but I'm not in a rush. Is it possible Apple will keep 6S at 1GB RAM? Also what do you think about the camera? Do you think they'll add megapixels or keep it at 8MP but improve it internally similar to this year? Thanks.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Same camera, same ram, faster processor. The iPhone 7 though, that'll be the big one...

3. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Pretty sure this has been discussed already.... multiple threads. The search feature is your friend.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

There's no possible way anyone can make anything but a wild guess. The 6 hasn't even officially launched in some timezones, how can you expect anyone to have worthwhile speculations on the next model?

5. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Oops!

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

True. In case it wasn't clear, my post was a wild guess.

7. AverageBob thread starter macrumors member

It might be possible to make educated predictions. For example, if I'm not mistaken, they've never increased the PPI for the screen on S models.

8. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

Apple is actually going to put less RAM into the 6s. Their driving goal is profits, so why the hell not?

9. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

No chance, like 0%, that next year's phone will be 1GB. Especially for the "S" model.

See how much people are clamoring over more RAM this year? But everything else about their phone is amazing? This is how Apple will get them to upgrade next year instead of in 2 years.

10. AverageBob thread starter macrumors member

Yea that's what I'm afraid of. I buy the 6 this year and next year they add ram and remove the lines on the back :p

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You then sell your 6 and buy a 6S. Easy.

12. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

VERY.

Apple has this annoying habit of always disappointing us by skimping by on the bare minimum in the name of profits.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I guess we'll find out when that gets released. :rolleyes:

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We will find out tommorow 100%.
    There will be plenty of teardowns posted.

15. lke macrumors 6502a

Buy your iphone now why wait.

I am sure the iphone 6S will have more memory, more procesor speed, more of everything.

Always the S version is a lot better, but why wait, buy it today and later you can sell your iphone.

I am sure that the iphone 6 is going to work very good with 1G of RAM, apple always sells good products, they could not sell an iphone that was too slow with 1G RAM

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Most people's "educated prediction" was that the 6 and/or 6+ would have more RAM because they've never gone so long without increasing it.

All the speculation is pointless, and I think it detracts from people's enjoyment of the phone they have now, or will have very soon. We're always worrying about if the next one will be better.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I agree. We have several more weeks of light leakage, hot batteries and gamut issues to deal with. No sense adding RAM for a model that's not out yet to the mix. Wait at least two weeks to bring it back up. The zombies should be calmer by then.

18. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

19. lke macrumors 6502a

Why people is so worried about the ram if the ipad air with a bigger screen works great with 1GB?

Looking at past models like the iphone 4 and 4S they have the same RAM, also with the iphone 5

Why people is so worried about the RAM I don't understand. What apps or what you use that needs more than 1GB of RAM, remember that more ram will use more battery

20. AverageBob thread starter macrumors member

In a perfect world I'd do that but I don't have unlimited funds and time. I agree with what you've said below. It's an endless cycle. It's RAM for the 6 now but when the 6S comes out, I'd again be hesitant to buy because iPhone 7 will come out the next year with a new design and form factor.

21. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

6s will probably be 2GB.

The "whole number" update is mostly about physical design. The "s" update is about increasing performance.

Notice that the 6 isn't much faster than the 5s, yet the 5s was MUCH faster than the 5.

22. WilliamG, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

WilliamG macrumors G3

23. AverageBob thread starter macrumors member

I'm talking about the 6S (next year's model) lol

24. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

The answers to your questions can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/7d66ae

25. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

And 5 was much faster than 4s ...:apple: