How likely to get a perfect iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imac275, Apr 3, 2013.

1. imac275 macrumors member

I recently ordered a 27" iMac with a BTO spec. Delivery was swift, and the machine was excellent when it arrived with two small exceptions:

1. Small amount of damage to the aluminium on the edge about halfway down the screen.

2. Slightly annoying high pitched noise coming from the machine that does not seem to vary with brightness/fan level or anything like that. This is probably something that a lot of people wouldn't notice, but I am quite sensitive to that type of noise.

Apple (as usual) offered an immediate replacement which was with me within a week, so I now have two on my desk.

On the second one there is slightly more noticeable damage in almost exactly the same place, but the high pitched noise has gone, or is at least so recessed I can hardly hear it without putting my head behind the machine!

The only problem is the screen is slightly yellow on the bottom 50%, especially noticeable when compared to the original one.

I am expecting too much to get a perfect one? I am tempted to just keep the first one as it is becoming a bit of a hassle to get any more deliveries.

2. widow maker macrumors newbie

you paid for a perfect iMac.... mine was delivered perfect :)