Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
USA
is it going to update through MAS or the usually software update??

also will it require apple store ID authentication to update it???

the reason i ask is that the different macs in my house use different store accounts, and would be a pain to have to type in the store account for the update on each computer...thanks

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
That's the $64,000 question I think people are wondering about.

I dislike that iLife, if purchased through the App Store doesn't show up in Software Update when....it needs to be updated. It only shows up in the App Store. I find that annoying. I hope and pray that updates to 10.7 come via Software Update.

My assumption is...it will come via Software Update and EVENTUALLY (i.e. Enough people complain about it) any Apple apps downloaded from the App Store will be updated via either the App Store or Software Update.

If they do update 10.7 through the App Store? Meh. It's acceptable, but really annoying. I was only made aware of updates to my iLife Suite under Snow Leopard if I OPENED the App Store and not automatically. So that annoyed me.

I'm intrigued to see how long the "fix" list will be for 10.7.1. And I am hoping it comes within the next 7-10 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.