How lock/disable iphone dialler app for outgoing calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ca$hflow, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

I'm looking for help on solving a problem. I have an iPhone with a iPad data plan. Outgoing calls on my iPhone app cost a $1 min. I use a third-party dialler app that goes through the data if I must call a number but usually use the Facebook communicator app . My typical bill is roughly $17.95 a month taxes in. This month I was charged $20 on a 13 minute phone call.

My iPhone is not jailbroken and I don't wish it to be. And I know there's more options in the jail break field.

How do I lock the Apple iPhone dialler app so outgoing calls can't be made. I want to still be able to make a 911 call in case of an emergency. Please focus on how it can work versus it can't work. I'm hopeful that solution can be found,

2. nieks macrumors member

nieks

Not as far as I know. Why would you buy phone, and want to disable the option to make calls? I don't get it.
    Also, why do you have a so called "iPad data plan", what does that mean, and why the hell does your provider charge you $1,- per minute??

3. Ca$hflow thread starter macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

I want to use my 3rd party dialler because it uses the data. In order to get minutes with my data in Canada, its over $80 per month. With data only , it's $15 Per month. I just want to prevent the phone from using the Apple dialler app accidentally.

They charge me a dollar per minute because I didn't get a phone plan. I get 3 GB for $15 and then am charged $10 per gigabyte after. It's a good deal for data only.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

So...it's a data-only plan but the phone function isn't disabled and it does allow actual phone calls at a high rate (which means you must have an actual phone number associated with the SIM?).

I don't think there's a way to disable the phone function on a stock iPhone.

What does the provider say? Can you disable dialing (except for 911) through them?

5. Ca$hflow thread starter macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

It worked! I was able to get my cellular provider to lock out outgoing calls except 911. Thanks Brian.