Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darabo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max from the Apple Store for in-store pickup. However, long story short, I want my friend to be able to buy it instead at the same store for in-person pick up.

If I cancel my order, how long does it take to be made available online for in-store pickup?

I don't want there to be a situation where I cancel the order, only for someone else online to grab it.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated, thank you!

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
It could take an hour or days. Best to do like the above poster said and meet your friend at the Apple store and get them to sell it to your friend.

darabo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
He wants to buy it via his employee discount. Also, he's based in the West Coast of the US and at the moment I'm eight time zones away. Hence the need to coordinate.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Hello everyone,

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max from the Apple Store for in-store pickup. However, long story short, I want my friend to be able to buy it instead at the same store for in-person pick up.

If I cancel my order, how long does it take to be made available online for in-store pickup?

I don't want there to be a situation where I cancel the order, only for someone else online to grab it.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated, thank you!
Usually it can be instant right after you cancel the order or it may not even go back in stock.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Usually it can be instant right after you cancel the order or it may not even go back in stock.

I placed an order for in-store pick up, but cancelled it after receiving the ready email (decided on getting the 128 instead of 256). The phone didn’t go back in in stock for days. By then, I’m sure it was a different phone.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I placed an order for in-store pick up, but cancelled it after receiving the ready email (decided on getting the 128 instead of 256). The phone didn’t go back in in stock for days. By then, I’m sure it was a different phone.
When I cancelled mine before it went back in stock instantly

ab22

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020

Holiday Return Policy​

Eligible products at the Apple Store Online that are received between November 3, 2023 and December 25, 2023, may be returned through January 8, 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC

Holiday Return Policy​

Eligible products at the Apple Store Online that are received between November 3, 2023 and December 25, 2023, may be returned through January 8, 2024.
That is not remotely close to what the OP is asking about. That is a return policy you posted lol

• Haha
Reactions: GMShadow

ab22

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
OP wants a product at discount but doesn't want to risk 'losing' the original purchase. Perhaps 60+ days is long enough for an EPP one to turn up.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
The phone didn’t go back in in stock for days. By then, I’m sure it was a different phone.

Exactly- phone might of gone back instock and sold instantly or took a few days.

When I cancelled mine before it went back in stock instantly
There's no way to 100% know judging by Apple Store online 'in store pickup' alone.

Hundreds of customers may be ordering/cancelling/exchanging for the same store you're at any moment, from anywhere.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.