How Long After Reboot??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

it seems that it takes forever for my phone to come back on after a reboot or respring. a full reboot takes about 4 minutes or so?

2. celticpride678

What do you mean by full reboot? If you mean holding down the power button and home button until the device reboots, it's normal.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

it shouldn't take 4 minutes

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

No, it isn't..

5. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

6. celticpride678

Holding down the power button and home button to restart takes quite a long time.

OK, maybe not 4 minutes, but it takes a while.

7. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

why do you think it is taking so long? i do have a lot of cydia apps. it stays at just the apple for about 1 1/2 min then the apple with the spiral thinker for another 1 1/2 minutes or so. it seems forever, or like its frozen.

and yes im talking about a hold home and power button

8. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Depends on what iPhone. My 2G seems like 4-5 min vs ~1 min on IP4.

9. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no, i have a iphone4. it still takes forever to reboot. why could this be?

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you want help you are going to have to provide more details. example it takes takes me forever for my car to start (why). we will try to help but info is key.

11. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

If you are seeing the spiral as part of the boot up process that would indicate to me that something is crashing causing mobile substrate to re-spring (so in effect you are booting then respringing again).

I've seen this happen once or twice (I have 60 mobile substrate extensions and on the whole am fairly stable). You certainly should not be getting it every boot. The only way to find out is to disable some substrate extensions using SBSettings. I would suggest disabling them all then turn on one by one until you come across the problem again. It will take a whilst but it really is the only way to track down troublesome combinations...

Hope that helps

12. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

what do you mean but extensions? i have sbsettings, how do i do this?
    thanks

13. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

sbsettings > more > (scroll down) Mobile Substrate Addons > and turn your addons off one by one, or trun them all off and re-enable them one by one...
    Since you are having problems with booting, you are going to have to reboot to test each permutation out... That is going to take a long time!!!

Also, a word of warning. If you decide you are going to remove an app through cydia you should make sure you have re-enabled it BEFORE you try and remove it. Otherwise it wont get rid of it properly and you will get yourself in a state. Just use the above approach to identify what apps might be causing your issue. Then re-enable everything. THEN remove the troublesome program from Cydia.

Hope that helps.

14. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks buddy! i will try this tonight

15. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so im not sure what i did, but it now takes about a minute or so to come back after a full reboot, with the holding power and home button. woohoo!!! i was tired of the feeling that my phone was stuck or needing to restore. only because it happened to me a couple weeks ago.