How long after the announcement is it actually released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rocks., Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rocks. macrumors member

I read on Wikipedia that the events were held on the September 9, etc. over the past three years. It also stated those days as the release dates. Does this mean that the iPods are actually released on the same day they are announced?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yep, generally the new iPods are available on the day of announcement.

3. Rocks. thread starter macrumors member

Really? But then you won't know what any of the features are until they announce it, so you'd be buying the iPod blindly without knowing its new features? If you get it immediately of course

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

First it's your problem if you buy it blindly :p

They are available on the first day on the online Apple store. Most retailers will have to wait a couple of days.

And I remember that the first iPod touch was only available for preorder at launch. It took at least two weeks before people started receiving them.

5. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

They normally have a regular, yearly Apple Conference of iPod's which will be available to watch on Apple's Website, stating any new iPod's or updates that are coming late on in the year. That has been the tradition for years, and i doubt they will abandon that. In this Conference, they state (in this case a new iPod Touch 4G; apperently), their release date and in what country's they will sell the product to.

The Products don't become available to collect and buy (in-store) after they are announced in the Conference, but you may be able to "Pre-Order" the product and it will arrive once its released.

6. gta50419 macrumors 6502

i think (again i think) only the big apple stores like the one in new york, san fransco, or apple . com will have it the same day...
    other apple stores will have it the next morning.

7. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

When the announcement comes, they are immediately for sale on the Apple Online Store. I also believe the day or two after they come out they are for sale at Apples retail stores. Walmart and Best Buy usually get them 1-2 weeks after they come out.

8. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Did I say the opposite?