Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
How much longer will it take apple to fix the issues that many of us are having?? How much longer it will take apple to admit that iOS 6 was not ready??

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
How much longer will it take apple to fix the issues that many of us are having?? How much longer it will take apple to admit that iOS 6 was not ready??

... What exactly wasn't ready about it?

Okay I can give ya maps to an extent-had google brought it up on par with android then Apple would have kept them, but since they refused apple dropped them and went their own route, and I have yet to encounter a problem with my use.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

Okay I can give ya maps to an extent-had google brought it up on par with android then Apple would have kept them, but since they refused apple dropped them and went their own route, and I have yet to encounter a problem with my use.

Wifi wasn't ready either.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Apple won't admit iOS6 as a whole was not ready. So, please don't hold your breath. The most you will get is Tim's apology letter about Maps. The rest will be written off as bugs and fixed in 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, etc.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida

I guess your one of the lucky one that has not had any issues with iOS 6. The freezing up of the iPhone, the battery drain, the issues with iTunes and the list keeps growing.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I haven't had any issues with iOS6. I've been running the beta since WWDC with the fewest problems of any of the previous betas.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011

I think at least as long as it takes to fix problems in a way that not replaces one problem with a multitude of bugs due to bad testing of fixes.

Maps app is working fine itself, fixing maps data to get up to Google standard how many expect might take a little longer.

Reading topics like this it sounds like people are waiting for a liver replacement rather than an OS update.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
for what I use, its works just fine. Including maps which I barely use at all. I like how people go off the deep end and if 1 or 2 things dont work for them, then the entire thing is junk.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I think the better performance I got from my iPad and iPhone is because the OS is not ready. :p wow, thinking about when it IS ready!

Just Dave

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
I guess your one of the lucky one that has not had any issues with iOS 6. The freezing up of the iPhone, the battery drain, the issues with iTunes and the list keeps growing.

If you have a battery issue after an iOS update, it is usually because you have a problem in your backup. A corrupt file, contact, etc.

iOS 6 is flawless on my 4s, as it is for most people. Do a little digging on your end, setup as a new phone and see if that fixes it.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Unfortunately I don't think the bluetooth issue will be fixed until the next update. Probably 6.1

Actually I bet nothing will be fixed until then.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Personally, I think this was one of the best releases of software from a quality stand point that IOS has had. If you could go back to the IOS 4 and 5 posts you'd see how much worse the quality was. You could have 20 beta's and that isn't like the real world of millions of real users all with different use habits, different apps and very different expectations. Like all the previous releases problems will be fixed and all people will worry about will be IOS 7

Is is perfect no - but.

TheRealPorkchop

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Whiteville, NC
Yup, agreed. Awesome, works awesome on my 4S.

I love the dual chime from the notification tone that I've got a text message, phone never did that until iOS6, awesome.

I really like the new Apple Maps, nothing like getting sent in the wrong direction or complete sections of streets being left out, nice.

Also you gotta love, LOVE, all the tracking extras in there and the increase of control on their end... yes sir I love me some iOS 6.

Also gotta love the laundry list of problems that everybody has listed already.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My battery life has dropped so I'm a bit disappointed. Went from 6 1/2 average to 5 hours average usage.

I've tried resetting, restoring from new, turning everything off etc etc.

Has anyone else noticed a drop?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
all good here (maps notwithstanding... we looked at the Burj Khalifa today...hysterical, it grows SIDEWAYS :rolleyes: ).

but all else working great; battery, bluetooth. camera. icloud. etc.
am enjoying the new OS a lot...

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
That's great that we have many happy folks with the iOS 6. Now I wonder if the noise reduction works great on the iPhone 5? For those of you who own one.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
My battery life has dropped so I'm a bit disappointed. Went from 6 1/2 average to 5 hours average usage.

I've tried resetting, restoring from new, turning everything off etc etc.

Has anyone else noticed a drop?

I have - I could happily get 7+ hours of usage on my 4S on iOS 5.1.1, but with iOS 6, I am also seeing about a 5-5.5 hour usage time.

It's funny because when I was running beta 2 and beta 3, my battery life was absolutely fantastic. 8 hours of usage wasn't a problem. The GM is worse than beta for me in terms of battery life.

I've also noticed how people keep saying their 4S feels snappier. Not mine :( It is definitely slower in opening apps and completing tasks. Maybe I should try a restore? (I OTA'd to iOS 6.)

Other than those two issues, battery life and performance, iOS 6 has been working wonderfully for me.

jollyreaper

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
If you have a battery issue after an iOS update, it is usually because you have a problem in your backup. A corrupt file, contact, etc.

iOS 6 is flawless on my 4s, as it is for most people. Do a little digging on your end, setup as a new phone and see if that fixes it.

Protip: if you have to fiddle with a phone this damn much, it doesn't "just work." Grrr.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Omg now Siri is not working on my 4s.. I have reset my phone thinking that it will fix any bugs that's on my 4s!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.