Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Still enjoying my M1 MBP although recently one key stopped responding when tapped in one of the corners…compressed air hasn’t helped so far. And AC+ is over. Other than that, it’s running great. I will probably upgrade when OLED or a thinner design (or ideally both..) come along.

Edit: never mind, I do still have AppleCare, time to get that fixed!

Reactions: teralpar

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Had an intel 16" i9 with 64GB RAM and 2TB. Was an Apple Refurb I bought in May 2020. Obvs became obsolete quickly with the launch of the M1. However I continued to use that machine until about a week ago when I replaced it with this M3 Max that is also an Apple Refurb. So 4 years for the previous machine and I'd probably say the same for this.

I mean, I'm still using an i7 2014 retina iMac which is running Sonoma via OCLP. The i9 may replace that. Don't really know :)

Tajhad

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Newcastle
Presently a M1 Pro , 16 inch MacBook Pro with 1 TB and 32G ram. Bought 2 yrs ago, but plan to keep for at least 6 or 7 yrs. My last one lasted 9 yrs. I tend to spec them up a little ( to handle Photoshop/ Lightroom) so they then can last. My old machine is still running except battery life is poor. If I could write it off on tax I would replace every 3 years, but the machines will remain capable and trouble free for much longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.