How long before shipping for rMBP hits 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aldon, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Aldon macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone has a good estimation of when availability of the new retina MacBook will be down to 24 hours.

It took over a month to go from 3-4 to 2-3, a little over a week to go to 1-2, and a little more for 5-7 days. Is there any way to predict this? Just curious when it'll finally be available in the EPP, as I heard somewhere they wait until it hits 24 hours to make it available.

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but any insight would be awesome. Thanks!

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Patience is a sign of maturity. Lack thereof suggests this may be an impulse buy. Is it _that_ important?

3. Aldon thread starter macrumors newbie

My employment with a company that offers a substantial epp store discount is coming to an end soon. I ask because if this computer wot be available within this time frame, I will purchase an upgraded non retina MacBook. I would have just bought something two months ago, but I've been patient in waiting for this computer to be available. If it won't within the time I need, then there's no reason to wait anymore..

4. duky macrumors 6502

I would look back to when the 27" iMac was made available. It had a similar early couple of months if I remember so that might give you a good idea. My guess would be that within 2 weeks we'll see it down the 2-3 days and then by early Sept it should be 24 hours