How long before the MB Alum will be available as a refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MontrealMonger, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MontrealMonger macrumors member

Does anyone know what the typical timeline is for refurbs on a newly launched Apple product? I figure I can wait a little and get the 2.4 as a refurb for close to the price of a 2.0 at the store.

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

at the rate of busted battery covers and dead pixels, about six minutes from now

3. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

If you can wait that is a great way to save a some money. I have bought a refurb in the past and I could not tell it wasn't new.

4. ankitsid macrumors member

im either going to go that way and get the 2.4 since the backlit keyboard the the speed would REALLY help with the things i do

or just wait till mwsf and see if they do anything?? speed bump or anything with snow leopard

the wait sucks

5. me2000 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm waiting til MWSF... just because I don't need it NOW. I'm just curious to see what happens there.. and maybe some of these battery cover, keyboard key, screen issues will be resolved by then.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

When I was picking up mine in Best Buy i noticed that they had a Open Item box of the New Alu MB marked down to about $1000. I'd check a couple of stores out if I were you.
    Worth a shot...