Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Scubajay, Jan 21, 2008.
Not my kids....I don't have any. I think this is why
My sense of humor would be eliminated immediately, but it would come back over time though. But it was probably the parent's fault for leaving an open can of paint on the floor.
Two words... parental supervision.
"coming soon to an adoption agency near you!"
where the hell were the parents? they seemed to have a fair bit of spread, meaning they had time to do it.
I was thinking immediate strangulation. LOL. Just kidding. Glad I won't ever have kids though!
They would so be licking that clean.
Time to get out the toothbrushes!
I think I would just laugh if they were my kids, after all who left them with paint they could easily open
I've seen it before but that is an absolutely classic picture! Note the look of pride on the face of the elder of the two kids. I'm sure he thinks he has just created a masterpiece! LOL
As has already been noted, you can't really blame the kids. "kinda like leaving a diabetic in a candy store and being shocked when come back and find them in a coma.
That kid won't be smiling when his willy hits the turpentine bath!
That reminds me of a story from my childhood. When I was 5 and my sister was 3 my parents left us in the car while they went into the grocery store. I got bored so I found some outdoor sign paint my dad left in the back of the car (it was a mini station wagon), stripped my sister naked, and painted her purple. Since the paint was waterproof my sister had to have a bath in turpentine to get it off. That can't have felt good on the private parts.
So a word of advice to all parents: unsupervised kids + paint = retributive justice
As a parent I probably wouldn't have much of a sense of humor at first on this. The younger one, appears to be in diapers and also appears to have white near his mouth. I'd be at the emergency room before I could even think to take the picture. Even if the paint is non-toxic it can't be good to ingest large quantities of it, considering the mess size and how long they must have been unsupervised, I'd be concerned that the younger may have ingested quite a bit.
Which leads me to believe that this might have been a supervised endeavor to take a picture to circulate around the internet....
HOLY CRAP! There was no way on this earth those 2 kids could have done that in a split second (e.g nipping to toilet/phone) that needed time, and who leaves a can of paint open or easily opened to 2 toddlers anyway?
I used to eBay a lot when my 3 were toddlers. Learnt the hard way myself nipping to the phone or toilet and leaving a permanent marker. Although not to that devastation! At least that family learnt the hard way, they'll know from now on muahahaha!
Thinking the same thing!
Yeah, not to mention it's near (or in) the eyes on both of them!!
Looks like a good excuse for that new HDTV they'd always wanted...
Deduct the damage from the pocket money and disown them for life
I hate children and all forms there of.
Anybody who has kids know S*** happens! LOL
That sucks, but nothing a water and a little elbow grease won't get rid of.
Things like this can happen so fast. Usually your lulled into that false sense of security. "Johnny never touches stuff, I can answer the door, they won't touch it"
About that time your Parental intuition "Spidey sense" should kick it, but you tend to ignore it...
I'm sure they're glad they took the picture... Payback on Wedding Day!
First thing I'd be doing was cleaning up the paint, not taking a photo. Can anyone say "insurance fraud"?
Wouldn't adults be covered by that too?
Oh! I see your point
We want the whole story...
Well it looks like they had fun
*creates dastardly plan to get a Macbook Air*...
I do have to say that, although kids that age can move very quickly, and people do get distracted and can never directly supervise 100% of the 24 hour day, that the other part of supervision is environmental control, as others have said. Even when I got cats, I adapted a variety of things in my home to make sure that the amount of trouble they could get in was minimized. There're tons of incredibly cheap (for anyone who can afford the things in that room ) aids like child safety catches for doors, storage aids, etc, that can help with this.
Cuz ... you've got to ask the even nastier question. What if they had *eaten* the paint?
wow. why are some people allowed to be parents again?
can't blame the kids here as much as the lack of supervision.
oh and add this to the super-long list of why i don't want kids.
The older kid looks old enough to know better.
I already did...
That's the main reason I think this is a hoax for either insurance, or just to get a "shocking" picture on the internet. It's one thing to take a picture of your kid when they knock down a bag of sugar or flour since they're both edible and fairly harmless (other than stomach aches and possible hyper-ness). But when the kids create a mess like this with something that should not be eaten, most parents aren't going to stop to take a picture.
As a father of two young boys, I would laugh and laugh and laugh some more.
Then I'd come back to reality and think 'holy c**p, what a mess', and set about cleaning it up. After taking pictures of it like the original person did.
All I can say is that everything in the picture is just stuff and can be replaced. It may cost money but it is stuff. So long as none of the kids inhaled it and they were properly disciplined I wouldn't be too pissed for long. If this was the worst thing a child could do then those parents have it easy! Wait till one of them brings home a whore who he says he loves!!!
What he's 4-5 years old and was having fun being a kid.