How long between initial launch bugs are ironed out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUNCVILLE, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DUNCVILLE macrumors member

I've heard a lot of talk about "never buying the first batch of stock -there WILL be problems, and apple might ignore them".

Even if they don't ignore them, i'd still rather skip the initial speedbumps.

So lets say that the new mbp's are released this coming tuesday, or even the next tuesday - how long would you guess at them having the initial problems ironed out?

I mean, would there bee a minor revision by may?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

No way. However, you don't need a minor revision to know that you're not buying from the first batch. Also, unless Apple changes the case, it's considered part of the same generation of computers and not the first batch. Typically, that advice is applied to the first batch of a new generation of computers, or any other expensive device. For example, when Apple first came out with the unibody MBP, that was a new generation.

If you wait a month or two, all of the first batch will have been bought up (if it even takes that long).

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Why? are there any problems you are anticipating?

4. jodr macrumors member

Look at previous refresh dates on this forum. Go back to June, when the current line of MBPs came out. The company can test a product all they want, but there is a good chance once you mass produce a new design, some kinks will arise. You would hope anything major would be addressed by Apple, but this isn't always the case - I had a nasty experience with a G5 iMac that had notorious fan issues and buzzing. Apple seemed to think it was just fine, completely within spec - and the issue was very widely complained about by that point.

Computers are always a little bit of a gamble, laptops especially. If you wanted to be a super-safe and reasonably up-to-date consumer, buying as the midpoint of an item's life-cycle approaches is probably the best bet.

5. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

37.265 days.