How long can it take?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gstuartj, Aug 4, 2007.

1. gstuartj macrumors newbie

I ordered a new 2.2 MBP early in the morning on the 24th. As of now, my credit card has still not been charged, and the laptop has still not been shipped. Mind you, it's been more than two weeks and the computer hasn't even shipped out. Egad, how long does it usually take? Is this normal?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

just for the record, it hasn't been over two weeks. two weeks from the 24th would be the 7th, this tuesday. when you ordered the macbook pro, what was your shipping estimate?

3. gstuartj thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. Indeed. Well, when you're waiting for a new shiny, it feels like two weeks! They gave me an estimated ship date of the 2nd-7th, but everyone I've talked to has said that they usually ship between 1-3 days after the order. I thought the estimated ship date was exaggerated, but apparently not.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think others have experienced shortages with the 2.2 ghz macbook pro model. if it hasn't shipped by the 7th, feel free to give apple a call.

5. neven macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

as noted, they *usually* ship within 1-3 days, but hey, there's a reason they give you a range of dates.

My last Mac was shipped on the last date given, so... Patience! :)