How long did it take for 10.7.1 to release?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Dirtyharry50, Jul 31, 2012.

  1. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000


    May 17, 2012
    Not that it means 10.8.1 will take the same amount of time but I am just curious how quickly Apple got the first point release out last time.

    I'm still on the fence about upgrading as a new iMac user running Lion which is working well for me. I have no problems whatsoever. Everything just works and I am very, very happy with my new Mac.

    The new features seem kind of underwhelming to me personally.

    I do not have any iOS devices so while the integration looks like a great thing for people who have them, that does not apply to me.

    I already use and like EverNote for notes and Things for my to-do list and reminders. So the new Notes and Reminders apps are probably not something I would use.

    I enjoy gaming a lot but most of my Mac games are on Steam. So I don't know as Game Center holds much of interest for me unfortunately. Maybe that will change as new games release to the App Store with support for it. I do have nephews who play games on an iPad so it would be cool to play games with them if we found ones available for both iPad and Mac that supported cooperative play.

    Notifications center seems nice for alerts about email but on the other hand, the icon in the dock already displays a number indicating whenever I have new email anyway, so I know about it.

    Facebook Integration seems neat but it isn't coming until Fall anyway.

    Guardian seems like a good idea potentially but I only buy apps from the App Store and games from Steam so, not especially useful really.

    I'm trying to think of what I've missed here that would be of any consequence versus a Lion install that is already working well. New screensavers and wallpapers? lol

    Anyway, reading the reports of various issues here I am thinking that in any case I would be wise to wait for the first point release. Any comments?
  2. MoxFulder macrumors newbie

    Jul 25, 2012
  3. Dirtyharry50 thread starter macrumors 68000


    May 17, 2012
    So it didn't take them very long then. That's good to know.

    I'm still wondering though if there's really much reason to bother. Are there significant performance improvements with ML?
  4. snowydog macrumors 6502

    Aug 25, 2011
    I'm wondering this too - however I do want to use the new features of ML as I have my iPad 2 and will be getting the new iPhone...

    I'm trying to decide whether it's worth upgrading now or waiting until 10.8.1 ... I've had my MBP since November last year and my iPad since September last year - I'm starting back to work in September and I think the new features of ML will be really beneficial to me....but there's a lot of threads with problems that I really don't want to have to deal with - well, mainly the WiFi problem ... I'm already having trouble with our internet provider and it will be harder to distinguish problems with ML WiFi and provider WiFi until the provider fixes it properly.
  5. Marco9774 macrumors newbie

    Jul 30, 2012
    You didn't miss anything, upgrading ML is just start having problems on your mac... I don't have sound on quicktime avi movies since I have ML and it seems that perian will stop developing updates so I will have to use VLC for movies and quicktime will become obsolete... or apple will release a $30 plugin :D
  6. Variant macrumors 6502


    Oct 22, 2005
    Lion was a mess and ML has been much more reliable for the large majority of people. Apple NEEDED to patch Lion as quick as possible. The same can't be said for ML. However, I'd still bet on 10.8.1 being out within a month.
  7. robgendreau macrumors 68040

    Jul 13, 2008
    A software update like ML not only introduces new features, it also fixes bugs and other problems. And it adds increased security. So even if you're not keen on the new stuff like Notifications you have reason to update.

    But waiting a .1 or .2 won't matter that much, unless one of those bugs or problems is pestering you now. I know people that upgraded just for the save as... change. It is very dependent on the software you use now. And it seems you are perfectly content, so there's no problem waiting. If something arises it's easy enough to upgrade then...Apple's open 24/7 and aways willing to take your money.


Share This Page