How long did it take for your number to get ported? (not activated)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by debo, Jul 2, 2007.

1. debo macrumors regular

How long did it take for your number to get ported? My iPhone works and is activated, I can call out, but incoming calls still go to my old phone. I'm wondering how long it took everyone's numbers to port?

2. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

3. rickdesign macrumors newbie

Number transfer

I started activation at 7:00 PM on Friday night, Phone was activated at 6:00 PM on Saturday night. Phone number was transferred at 11:30 AM Monday Morning.

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

~3 minutes

Literally the WHOLE setup was priceless.

5. JonboyDC macrumors regular

My activation was completed in about 10 minutes, and my T-Mobile number was ported over in less than two hours.

6. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

About 3 hours Friday night but about 30 minutes once I shut off my existing phone...

7. eagle33199 macrumors member

Got my iPhone Friday night, iTunes wouldn't accept my porting number, so i registered with another number. Went into AT&T on Saturday around noon, talked to the guy there, he got it squared away and said it could take up to 24 hours. Called the number he gave me Monday around 10 when it still hadn't happened, talked to a lady there who finished it up for me. Restarted the iPhone and it worked!

One thing she said was that the old phone had to be turned off, and then you had to turn off and back on the iPhone to get it to work... there was about a minute delay before the number switched after i did this, during which i thought she was lying to me :rolleyes:

8. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

No joke, about a minute.
    After clicking through the screens and setting it up, I picked up another phone and called my number. The iPhone rang.
    I sympathize with everyone who had troubles, but I've done this a few times before and it's never been this smooth or quick.