How long did it take Mophie to launch the case after launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pilot1226, Sep 12, 2013.

1. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Hiya,

Title says it all.

How long was the delay between from when Mophie launched their Juice Pack product (Air and Helium) compared to when the iPhone 5 actually launched?

I'm hoping it won't be as long since they already have the dimensions of the form factor and essentially just need a larger opening for the camera flash.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It may come a bit sooner since they really just need to make a larger cutout for the flash?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is what I was inferring, to the OP's point. But it shouldn't take as long, you're right.

5. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I don't see why they would have to change anything on the current Mophie line up. If you look at the cutout for the camera and flash on the new Apple leather case for the iPhone 5S, it looks as big as the size of the cutout on the current Mophie offerings. Even Spigen are marketing their 5 cases as 5/5S, I would imagine Mophie would do the same.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Ordered the Helium for my IP5 S. I hope the flash hole is big enough. If not I will probably enlarge it slightly. The only potential problem is if the battery element is snug up against the hole and I dig into it. We'll see.

7. pilot1226 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Best Buy sells these in store. You could probably convince one of the staff there to let you play around with it to make sure it's compatible.

That's what I intend on doing, because they have a good return policy if it's truly not working. I think you have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work. Hell, I would open it up in front of customer service, take a few pictures, and return it within 5 minutes if it didn't allow the led to function properly.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to be running around with essentially a "naked" iPhone 5S for 6 months until they launch the Juice Pack Air for 5S. That'll suck. Though I am very careful with my phone and don't put it into a pocket with anything except itself, it does slip out of my hands from time to time.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

The cases for it should fit. If you look at the 5S, the very bottom of the flash it a tad bit higher than the actual camera. And theres already space underneath the camera on the case

9. angelp66 macrumors newbie

Should be faster this time? I heard it took a long time last time because of the Apple authorization.

10. pilot1226 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I'm considering an Otterbox Reflex to hold me over until the Mophie is available.