how long did it take???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RMferrer, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RMferrer macrumors member

just wanted to know approx. how long did ppl have to wait when they ported their number from another carrier ie..verizon, t-mobile, sprint...etc. I've heard up to 72 hrs.!!

Is there a way to expedite this process. A few hrs is okay but anything beyond 48 hrs is too long. It's important that ppl get a hold of me (primarily work and family emergencies.)

any suggestions appreciated.

2. Apple321 macrumors member

When my brother switched from Verizon to T-Mobile they said it would take up to 3 days or something like that also. He just called them up and said he was an EMT (but in reality he isn't) so he needed his phone working right away incase an emergency occured. They got his number working within 10 minutes I think.

If you really need your number switched fast there is a way to do it. Although lying is bad :(

3. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

They had my number ported over in 6 hours from the time I activated through iTunes. Text messaging actually took 3 full days, I had to call in 4 times to tell them it didn't work and escalate until I finally got someone who knew what they were talking about. When they got the tech lady on, she pulled it up and said "oh, here's why" and fixed it within two hours.