How long did your InvisibleSHIELD take to fully cure/heal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DylPickle85, Jun 24, 2009.

1. DylPickle85 macrumors member

Hey guys,
    I've installed invisibleShield on atleast 3 or 4 devices in the past few years, all with perfect results.

I got one for the rear of my iPhone 3GS, and installed it this past weekend, and was having the hardest time working out all of the bubbles/inconsistencies for some reason. I don't remember it being this difficult to look perfect. My installation was on Saturday, and today (Wednesday, 4 days later), micro bubbles and surface irregularities are still apparent.

Anyone dealt with it taking this long? Should I wait longer, or rip it off and reinstall?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Mine was only less than a day, yours though is really quite long. You might want a replacement to be sent for that one.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

What I always do when I install these is wrap the phone really tight in saran wrap for a bit.

When you do that after it starts to adhere the stuff sits perfectly after. Try wrapping it in that for a little bit.

4. DylPickle85 thread starter macrumors member

Think that could help even after this amount of time, or only when first installing?

I'm going to give it another few days and then think about getting a replacement.

5. TehBest macrumors member

Well, I've installed shields on all my iphones and macbooks and I usually do it at night and let it dry up overnight. (9+hours)

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I think it could still help. Heat it up a bit with a hair dryer, then wrap it tight.

7. DylPickle85 thread starter macrumors member

Sounds like a plan. I'll give that a shot tonight, and let you know how it turns out. thanks!

8. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

getting it looking perfect was quite easy i found because the liquid gives you a hell of a lot of leniancy compared to, say, a screen protector. I'd say leave it over night to see the true results of installation, it should look pretty damn good by the morning!