how long do i charge the ipod for first time around

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamaica14, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jamaica14 macrumors member

well i'm going to buy an ipod tomorrow from target or best buy so how long do i need to charge the battery for before i can use it because i had the 30GB video when it came out and i only charged it till it said charged on the screen which technically only took like maybe 20 or thirty minutes and the battery life was sh**ty so how long should i charge the touch for thanks, or does it come charged

2. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

anyone going to answer lol i really want to know:rolleyes:

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

settle down, its been only 6 minutes

I just charge it until it says its full charged, although I've sometime I play with it a good deal first(like when they are 1/2 charged when I opened past iPods)

I've never felt a large negative impact on battery life.

I mean, from past time personally, its gonna work out what every you do. Long you charge it at first, it long it will last.

You start with about 1/2-3/4 powers, at least thats what I've gotten in the past

4. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

why thank you sir thank you very much i sure do appreciate it and the only reason i kept asking is cuz i really want it to go perfectly lol :):confused::D:apple:

5. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

6. rupie94 macrumors member

For people who are going to have an iPod, because I think you already have charged it, it isn't needful, because you can use your iPod Touch right out of the box. You only have to connect it to iTunes, and it charges enough there to use it.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Until it's full? Seriously? You don't need to charge "past" 100%. When it's full, go use it.