How long do notifications to take to come through on your Watch?

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Usually mine are instant, but sometimes it can take 30 seconds to a minute after the phone buzzes before the Watch does.

Anyone notice similar?

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Mine are instant too. A few times Ive actually gotten the notification on my watch a few seconds before my phone.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
When I'm on my home network, it's almost the same time, or so close together it makes no difference. When away from the network, that is, when the syncing is through Bluetooth, it can take longer. I haven't timed it, but 30 seconds or so seems about right.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Most the time quick but sometimes 30-60 seconds later. The other day they stopped completely until i reset the watch. Not even the red dot was showing but I have 6 emails/texts

Pedden

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2015
Sometimes, I don't even get notifications. I don't think the BT link is very good. I left my phone in my pocket all day and I only received about 25% of the notifications on my watch. My phone buzzed like crazy all day, but only every once in a while did my watch notify me. I have all of the notifications set to mirror my phone. Sometimes they do; most of the time they don't!

Lizardo90

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
While my watch is unlocked i don't receive notifications on my phone. They all go to my watch. if im using my phone at the time of a notification comes in then i recieve it on my phone and not my watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.