How long do returns take?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djgeneral, Sep 28, 2010.

1. djgeneral macrumors newbie

I just sent my iPod in today for a new one...about how long does it take? If it is like a week, I guess that is fine, but it isn't something crazy like 6-8 weeks is it? :eek:

also, My ipod has the "light leak" among some other problems but I just realized somehow I accidentally picked the wrong option for the problems. Somehow it said something about turning off while using...so am I going to get the same iPod back and they are going to try to fix a non-existing problem? Or will I just get a completely new iPod (which is want I need/want/deserve)

Hopefully I don't have to wait for it to come back to me then re-send it again :eek:

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

They'll probably send the same iPod back since you didn't specify light leaks, doubt they will even look for them.

3. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

I chose the screen problem preset-description. Then I wrote a whole essay into the comment text area. Just to find out that you only can use 256 characters for the comment. To shorten my essay took me another 15 mins, that kind of sucked. I couldn't even mention the camera-clicking and the sync problems I had.

4. djgeneral thread starter macrumors newbie

I left a note in the box saying I wanted a new one :D

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Did you remember to include the chocolates? If not you might be SOL.

6. djgeneral thread starter macrumors newbie

They have to give me a new one. It is under warranty.

7. djgeneral thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone remember how to do an online chat with apple? I forgot.

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

They don't have to do anything - if its within spec they can deny a replacement. It really depends who services your device. And AFAIK, Apple doesn't have online support chats anymore (outside of assisted shopping), you'll have to call AppleCare.