Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
or are you banned forever?

The rules have changes in the past year, and the sticky posted by @chown33 explains the changes.

Reading those rules, my sense is that the once one has been banned from PRSI (for what were adjudged to have been three violations of the forum rules within six months), one is banned from that section of the forum for a year, and can then submit a request to be re-admitted.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
If behavior in PRSI leads to a suspension, it can a year. It can be a lot longer. It can be forever. The better path is to not get suspended. We are guests in someone’s sandbox. Their rules. Submitting a request to get back privileges after one year, is not getting back in.

Reactions: Jayderek

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
If behavior in PRSI leads to a suspension, it can a year. It can be a lot longer. It can be forever. The better path is to not get suspended. We are guests in someone’s sandbox. Their rules. Submitting a request to get back privileges after one year, is not getting back in.

If the request to be readmitted to PRSI after a ban lasting a year has been accepted, then, actually, "it is getting back in".

However, it is "getting back in" with conditions, the same conditions that apply to anyone who is a member, namely that the rules be adhered to.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
If the request to be readmitted to PRSI after a ban lasting a year has been accepted, then, actually, "it is getting back in".

However, it is "getting back in" with conditions, the same conditions that apply to anyone who is a member, namely that the rules be adhered to.

Nothing says the request to get back in will be approved in six months, one year, or even three or four years. The post just say that you can request to be allowed to come back.

I’m not just throwing out garbage. I was banned for several years from PRSI. I applied for reconsideration many times over those years.

The best course of action is not to get banned. Again, I speak from personal experience.

Reactions: Weaselboy

niploteksi

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2016
Yes, it seems like after a year you can request to have your PRSI privileges reinstated. Technically I could send a request to get un-banned at this point as I understand it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.