How long do suspension from PRSI last

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mac'nCheese, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The rules have changes in the past year, and the sticky posted by @chown33 explains the changes.

Reading those rules, my sense is that the once one has been banned from PRSI (for what were adjudged to have been three violations of the forum rules within six months), one is banned from that section of the forum for a year, and can then submit a request to be re-admitted.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 68000

Southern Dad

If behavior in PRSI leads to a suspension, it can a year. It can be a lot longer. It can be forever. The better path is to not get suspended. We are guests in someone’s sandbox. Their rules. Submitting a request to get back privileges after one year, is not getting back in.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

If the request to be readmitted to PRSI after a ban lasting a year has been accepted, then, actually, "it is getting back in".

However, it is "getting back in" with conditions, the same conditions that apply to anyone who is a member, namely that the rules be adhered to.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 68000

Southern Dad

Nothing says the request to get back in will be approved in six months, one year, or even three or four years. The post just say that you can request to be allowed to come back.

I’m not just throwing out garbage. I was banned for several years from PRSI. I applied for reconsideration many times over those years.

The best course of action is not to get banned. Again, I speak from personal experience.

7. niploteksi, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

niploteksi macrumors regular

Yes, it seems like after a year you can request to have your PRSI privileges reinstated. Technically I could send a request to get un-banned at this point as I understand it.