Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g-boac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Do visual voicemail messages autodelete after certain number of days? For example, on Sprint, anything over than 30 days old automatically was purged.

Does this happen on the iPhone, or do they last forever until permanently deleted?

thanks!
Mark

autumnsong

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
Western North Carolina
I think they do, because most of mine are missing! I had no idea they would auto delete, and now they are just GONE. I'm very upset because a couple of them were really important to me. Anyone know how long they stay or if you can change it to not auto delete?? :(

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone have an answer to this question? I tried to find it on AT&T's site and Apple's site, but no dice.

As an aside, I also noticed that the iPhone is not playing a prominent role on the AT&T Wireless site anymore. It used to be on the main page, but now you have to click on the 'Shop For Phones' and then the 'Shop For All Phones' links to get to an iPhone.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
The oldest I have is from 3/16. I could have sworn before there was an "Older Messages" button at the bottom of the list... am I wrong?

EDIT: you know what? i was probably thinking of the Deleted Messages button when you delete a voicemail.

bodivine

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
Chicago
The oldest I have is from 3/16. I could have sworn before there was an "Older Messages" button at the bottom of the list... am I wrong?

EDIT: you know what? i was probably thinking of the Deleted Messages button when you delete a voicemail.

Yes that's what it was, not an old message button.

Do visual voicemail messages autodelete after certain number of days? For example, on Sprint, anything over than 30 days old automatically was purged.

Does this happen on the iPhone, or do they last forever until permanently deleted?

thanks!
Mark

Yes, this is happening in the newer version of the iPhone. It wasn't set like this before to autodelete in 30 days, would have been nice if ATT/Apple told us this. Such a disappointment, but luckly I found a software with which to transfer all my messages into the Macbook, since bluetooth doesn't work that way on the iphone (bummer).

bks691

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
As an aside, I also noticed that the iPhone is not playing a prominent role on the AT&T Wireless site anymore. It used to be on the main page, but now you have to click on the 'Shop For Phones' and then the 'Shop For All Phones' links to get to an iPhone.

My account was also doing that a couple months ago... Call Att and verify they have the correct IMEI number to your iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.