How long do you expect to wait in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmaf, Sep 17, 2014.

1. emmaf macrumors newbie

I want a 16gb gold iphone 6 plus on verizon.

I don't have to go to work on Friday and I live in a residential area of New Jersey about 15 mins from Philly.

If I wanted to wait in line, what time should I get there on Thursday/Friday?

2. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

I think that's the least popular phone option right now (gold, 16gb, plus) just from looking at the polls on here, so your chances should be pretty good. Just show up early.

3. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I wonder how many will buy a 16gb 6 Plus because it's "all they have" when their turn in line comes.

It's embarrassing they are even offering the 16gb at this point.

Should have all started @ 32gb and left the 16gb to iPhone 5s or 5c at this point (for those that want such a base level device)

4. 617aircav Suspended

I want the 64gb plus but will buy the 128gb if it's all they have. I won't get the 16gb, just poor value.

5. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

I'm hoping there won't be a line. Gonna get to the O2 shop in Bournemouth 10 minutes before they open so I can do the contract and all that noise before work. Hoping to be done and dusted by 08:30 :)

6. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

For a 6+, get there the night before. As has been said in many threads here already, supplies look to be really tight. If it were me and that's what I wanted, I'd be the first couple in line or I would bother.

Here in Orlando, that means 6PM the night before.

7. syclick macrumors regular

Probably around 11 hours. Get in line around 9PM, Apple Store opens at 8AM.

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

It's been revealed that they are making 140,000 units daily. If just one days worth is for Apple retail in the US it means about 130 iPhone Pluses will be available per store in EACH color, size, and carrier variety (assuming equal distribution in carrier, color, and capacity). Chances are big city stores get more and smaller city stores get slightly less.

If each unit produced for 3 days is designated for retail it would raise it to nearly 400 units of each type available. For all we know, stores are getting a weeks worth of production or more (as we don't know when production started but likely it was a month or more before when leaked parts started making their way online).

Given that people in line will want a variety of phones and carriers, I think you can be number 1,000 in line and still get one assuming you aren't picky as to what's left color or capacity wise.

Btw, precedent for this is the new iPad (3) when it came out. It was sold out online for launch delivery but anyone showing up to the store the day of even in the afternoon was able to get one (and usually the exact one they wanted).

Clearly they were saving units for retail to make sure people who physically spend time waiting in line are happier.