How long do you reckon until you can buy from any apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmichalak, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mmichalak macrumors newbie

Hello,

as I understand there is no stock of any iPhones in the Apple store in London, and I am quite new to the "desirability" of Apple products, in particular when it comes to new models of the iPhone.

How long do you reckon it will take till one is actually able to walk into an apple store and buy the new iPhone 4S without reserving one first? And if it makes any difference, a London applestore in particular?

Cheerio :)

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

i bought my iPhone4 after 2 months of launch and had to use the stock checker from o2 to get it as apple store used to sell out within minutes. Good Luck

3. BenCO macrumors newbie

Who knows about in Europe but i was able to get mine on Saturday morning.

I called in to ask that very same question expecting to hear a few weeks at best, but they said they had some of all models and no line. It's always worth a shot, can vary by store.

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I think you're better off just ordering online and waiting the 2 weeks or so at this rate.

5. Justim macrumors 6502

Go to apple.com tonight at 9pm local time and reserve one for tomorrow.

Reserve so you don't have to wait in line or not get the one you want. Plus you'll have all day to go get it.

6. mmichalak thread starter macrumors newbie

got it:)

Thanks for all your replies. The reason I did not want to order online was that I would be away at about the time it would normally be delivered, so I initially decided to wait a little bit longer.

On the other hand, reserving online for a london shop had also been fruitless, as it was always the case that when I checked the online reservation, there was no stock in london - I would also expect that had there been any stock it would go away quickly.

However... :eek:

On the night of 26th October, around 10:40pm, I thought I would have another look at the online reservation, not expecting anything. Imagine my surprise when there was stock! So, it was reserved on the 26th, and I collected it on the morning of 27th, after I joined a not so long queue -yet I was quite surprised there was even a queue to pickup a reserved phone :eek:

So, basically, one week after I posted this, and using the online reservation, I got my new phone :) I guess just walking into a store and getting one will be out of the question for the next weeks as well.

:):apple: