Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
I must admit, showers are one of my vices. I take about 20 minutes in the morning and about 30 minutes at night. And those are fast showers. Sometimes right after work I'll take a quick 10 minute shower.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Depends what I'm doing - or who I'm with ;) (yeah, right, I wish!)

If you mean in the actual shower itself then probably anywhere from 5 mins to 15 mins.

- some days are just a quick shower (body wash)
- most days involve washing hair too
- some days involve depilation and/or exfoliation
- occasional days involve more nourishing hair treatments which need to be left on longer...

If you mean in the shower room or getting ready in general then that's a *lot* longer! It's ok though, I don't have to share my bathroom :p

Applespider

macrumors G4
Just a thought but when I've been with an SO, neither of us ever bothered locking the bathroom so that if one of us got caught suddenly short, we could still nip into the loo without breaking down the door. Didn't do it as a matter of course but made life easier...

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
asxtb said:
I must admit, showers are one of my vices. I take about 20 minutes in the morning and about 30 minutes at night. And those are fast showers. Sometimes right after work I'll take a quick 10 minute shower.

Ugh - Rob does this -two a fracking day!!

*shoves water bill in Rob's face*

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
iGary said:
Just as an aside, and not to start a political debate on this, but you men who shave in the shower - you realize what a tremendous waste of water that is, right? :)

I don't think its that bad. The way I see it, if I were brushing my teeth or shaving in the sink I would let the water run while I do it (particularly if shaving) and it would take me longer to shave. When doing it in the shower I'm at least using that running water to clean myself at the same time.
When I said 10-20 minutes earlier that was a bad guess, its probably a lot shorter than that. I shave and brush my teeth in the shower because it always seemed the quickest most efficient way to do things, shampoo and conditioner are both supposed to sit in your hair for a minute or so before you wash it out, I use that time to brush my teeth or shave. Make sense?
It all comes from boarding school where we had to be in and out of the bathrooms as quickly as possible because so many people wanted to shower.

Two long showers a day is just greedy though! Well it is if you don't actually need it.

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
I take 2 a day, due to where I work I must take one after, and I have to be freshly showered beforehand as well. The before-work one is 10 minutes tops. The after work is usually 20, more if I gotta shave. If my roomie is right behind me, I'll trim it to 5 minutes. He'd kill me if he ever had to wait to use the potty. He'll go as far as to bust in and just go ahead and do his business. I don't mind the #1, but the #2 is just unacceptable. He did that once. I showered him with ice cold water the whole time. Now I just avoid it, if he's lurking about, by speed-showering, but when I can it's long luxurious showers for me.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
Shower Time!

20 minutes... I like my long hot showers...

It drives my wife nuts as she can shower faster than I can brush my teeth.

It's my quiet time of the day, so I take full advantage of it!

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hmm, I've never actually timed it, but, if I had to guess,

10-15 minutes in the shower, four minutes to shave, 1 minute to make me smell nice, two minutes to brush my teeth, another four-five minutes to get dressed.

All in all, about 30 minutes to get ready.

John Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
Columbia, MD
45 minutes, including brushing my teeth and shaving. Your SO is so right on the money. It's you who needs to... :eek:

Oh, but I use a bucket of warm water and a mug. Haven't seen a shower anywhere in my country where the water pressure feels more than dancing in the rain...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
about 10 mins with shaving.
without shaving probably 7 or so.
i don't like to linger in the shower too much unless i'm stressed and need some relaxing hot water on my back.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
iGary said:
Well that's the thing - I am the one who always says "Hey, I'm hopping in the shower - do you need the john before I get in?

Him - NEVER. Then he gets out, I run in and he's like "Uh, sorry.."

STOP FRACKING DOING IT THEN. :eek:
That seems really bizarre to me. In our relationship we can share the bathroom at the same time. You know you're really comfortable with someone if you can hold a serious conversation whilst one of you is exfoliating their feet and the other one takes a dump :D

As for shower times, depends on how many showers I've already had that day. Anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
dynamicv said:
That seems really bizarre to me. In our relationship we can share the bathroom at the same time. You know you're really comfortable with someone if you can hold a serious conversation whilst one of you is exfoliating their feet and the other one takes a dump :D

As for shower times, depends on how many showers I've already had that day. Anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes.

Yeah, I have seen other couples do that, but i just can't. No way. :eek:

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
iGary said:
Yeah, I have seen other couplse do that, but i just can't. No way. :eek:

me neither. bah

i take about 3 minutes, 5-7 if i'm shaving. sometimes i shave in the shower, sometimes i shave after. i'm crazy like that.

two showers a day is only acceptable if you have a particularly dirty job, or you showered in the AM and happened to go running or play sports or whatever later in the day.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
pilotError said:
20 minutes... I like my long hot showers...

It drives my wife nuts as she can shower faster than I can brush my teeth.

It's my quiet time of the day, so I take full advantage of it!

Right on the money, except the wife part... ;)

I figure it's the only time of the day where no one can barge in and bug me, demand me to do something, or whatever, and I enjoy making use of it.
When I need to be quick, maybe 10 or so.

Plus, I get "distracted" easily :cool:

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I take very long showers.

Hot water in the morning is just too relaxing to be rushed.

15-20 minutes, sometimes a half hour.

The actual getting ready takes only a minute or two...but I love showers :D

iGary said:
Yeah, I have seen other couples do that, but i just can't. No way. :eek:
Ditto. I mean, my girlfriend and I can share the same shower, take turns w/ #1, dance around in each others' underwear - but there's no way #2 is happening with either one of us near by. We both go to complete opposite sides of the house for that :p

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
My wife gets mad at my showers too...hehe. I take two a day, 1 in the morning and 1 before I/we go anywhere at night. Also, 1 (cold shower) after a distance bike ride. So sometimes three a day.

Right now, I am trying to be respectful of the drought and not take as long, or only take one if I am not going anywhere else at night.

That said, my wife, when she is shaving her legs, and has to wash her hair (twice for some reason), takes forEVER.

RD

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
jelloshotsrule said:
macrumors really brings in the freak crowd these days :rolleyes:
:D LOL

I wasn't being serious *shifty eyes*

Just stating by example that the "no #2 near you" rule has nothing to do with comfort.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Hm, 8 minutes in the shower (I like long hot showers - I'm slow to wake up in the morning), and another 3-7 depending if I shave... 3 for teeth and deoderant, another 4 if I shave (which I hardly ever do... I HATE shaving).

In that 8 minutes, btw, I ALWAYS wash my hair, it's very thick and gets oily if I don't. So, 11-15 minutes total? I can wake up 20 minutes before I leave for work and have to do all the bathroom stuff, get dressed, find my keys, etc, and leave on time.

My wife takes a minimum of 40 minutes just in the bathroom, another 15 to get dressed, and another 20+ to "ease into her day". Can't wait to move to a 2 bathroom house!

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
iGary said:
Just as an aside, and not to start a political debate on this, but you men who shave in the shower - you realize what a tremendous waste of water that is, right? :)

I NEVER shave in the shower. Once the razor slipped out of my hand and went uncomfortably close to my wotsits on it's way down.

<shudder>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.