How long do you think it'll be before we see third party bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ra4oasis, May 6, 2015.

1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I love the variety of bands that Apple is giving us, but man, some are expensive. How long do you think it'll be before we start to see third party bands?

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

There are already third party bands of varying degrees of sketchyness. Check Amazon. The Monowear bands (on the higher end) are shipping Friday and there are lower end bands that include adapters available shipping now.

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I already ordered a third party stainless steel chain link band from aliexpress. $60.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Casetify was offering preorders for custom bands back in April for $50. Quietly, it crept up to $60, and now it's at $70 for the band. Either they see this as a big cash cow, or they're starting to realize how much more costly it is for them to produce. Maybe it's more expensive because it comes with a stainless steel adapter. Lastly, I'm not sure if it complies with Apple's new "Made for Apple Watch" certification since they were building them before the certification was established, but I wouldn't be surprised if they obtain it.

Luckily, I preordered way in advance at the $50 mark, but you can also grab coupon codes to soften the blow. This one gets $10 off: ZFYU6U

http://www.casetify.com/apple-watch

They'll be shipping out in early June.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Soon I hope. Not loving the sport band. Very hard to put on w/ one hand and the tuck into the arm is annoying. The band on my Garmin 620 is perfectly designed for efficiency.

6. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I have a red leather Monowear on pre-order for my wife, if they ship on Friday (the 8th) as expected, I guess we'll get it Monday, possibly Sunday, and I'll post up some photos, my $0.02 about the quality, fitment, etc. :cool:

7. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Now that apple had offered specific Apple Watch band design guidelines and hinted at a "Made for Apple Watch" program, I'm hopeful that some quality options will be forthcoming in the near future.

8. ra4oasis thread starter macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Oh I see some of the bands you guys are talking about, thats awesome. I've got some shopping to do now...

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Here's a link to the stainless one I ordered.

10. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I have ordered at Casetify strap for $40 after coupon

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Description on that is sketchy. So is aliexpress.

12. russkn87 macrumors regular

russkn87

The 'Hoco' bands look great (steel & leather) and they look like they include the connector, too.

13. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I've had positive experiences with this site. And this particular seller is very communicative and sends me a personal message with each status update. The band has already shipped. And since he lowered the price by $3 the next day he sent me a free iPhone 6 case.

Yep, the connector is definitely included with the Hoco bands. And I agree it looks great, can't wait to receive it. I'll probably get it before I get my Watch. :(

14. cg006 macrumors regular

cg006

That stainless steel looks tempting. Definitely let us know!
    I may pick it up too if it fits right. I am afraid to get any third party bans until they are proven to reliably hold the watch in place.

15. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I have the "Amazon adapter" coming on Friday so I'll report my experience, but others have mentioned it fits exactly like the classic/modern buckle piece.