How long does a pair of headphones last you?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by venomgt95, Jun 7, 2016.

1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Me being me, I listen to music nearly every day. On average i get 3-5 months out of a pair of headphones. Mid level volume, loosely wrapped up after each use, depending on if im feeling lazy or not.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

iPhone headphones? Not long at all.

My Sony MDR-7506s, on the other hand, have lasted me for years. And they've been properly beaten up; sat on, dropped, liquid damaged, pushed, pulled, tugged, and tripped.

Great sturdy headphones by the way, couldn't recommend them enough; really amazing dynamic range & sound quality as well.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I've had ones that last a year, others that last a week. The only difference is how long I take to lose them or for them to go through the wash.

4. Techexp2 macrumors member

Hi,

It depends according to your usage (hours) and my headphone lasted for one year.

5. DevinNj macrumors regular

I got to the point where I buy my gym headphones at the dollar store. If they only last a week or two, so be it, I'm out a whole buck. Oh plus sales tax, lol.

6. johnnytothek macrumors newbie

I've been using Gummy earbuds for over 5 months every day commuting to work. Not a sign of wear and tear what so ever. I highly recommend them, considering they're under $20 and have a microphone.