How long does a Series 3 take to charge?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Azzin, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

As per title really,

Mine is arriving today and I'm toying with the idea of using it's sleep tracking, but overnight is when I would normally charge it, so I'm thinking of putting it on charge as soon as I wake up, while I shower/have breakfast etc.

Cheers all (it's a Nike +, non cellular model if that helps).

2. Dadams5040, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

Dadams5040 macrumors newbie

Dadams5040

According to the Apple Website https://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html it takes 1.5 to 80% and 2 hours to 100%. I wore my Series 0 to sleep track for a while and I was able to recharge my watch while i got ready in the morning from what I gather from the forums the battery life on series 3 is a lot better. I get my series 3 today.

3. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I believe Apple say is about 1.5 - 2 hr to fully charge it, here is the link: https://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html

My personal experience is this, after the morning workout with (LTE+Workout App) the battery will drop to around 80% on 42mm and 70% on the 38mm, if I put them back on charger during 10-15 mins shower they each will charge about 10%.

4. Azzin thread starter macrumors 601

Azzin

Thanks chaps, much appreciated.

I just checked and my driver is currently on delivery number 30 (I'm 39! :D )
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    One more thing (!) if I may-I'm doing the New York Marathon next month and I'm a slow runner!

Would the Apple watch last a 5 or 6 hour marathon? I won't be using it for anything except tracking the run, no music etc, as I'll have my 8+ with me for that.

5. profets macrumors 601

I did this many times, and it was always enough to get through a full day + sleep afterwards. This was with the original and Series 2. I imagine with the 3 even less charging will need to occur.

6. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

Will you be using the workout app to track the run? Also, will the watch be connecting to LTE? One last thing, is it a 42mm or 38mm.

7. Azzin thread starter macrumors 601

Azzin

Yes, or maybe the Nike Run Club app?

No, it's not an LTE model.

42mm.

8. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I run with my series 0 and it lasts fine through a marathon as my phone does the tracking and I just get the stats through the watch. It’s almost two years old so it’s not as good as it used to be but I feel like you will be good.

9. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

The battery should last, at least for the workout app. In my test the battery drains about 7-10% per hour with the workout app!

10. Azzin thread starter macrumors 601

Azzin

Thank you everyone.

My watch has arrived, so I’m off to have a play around with it.