All iPads How long does Apple Pencil hold a charge

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OldCorpse, May 5, 2019.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I'm going to travel soon, where the access to the electric grid can be spotty and I don't want to put any additional strain on my iPad battery, by f.ex. charging a pencil - so, if I charge the pencil 100% before leaving, how long can the charge hold without using? Can I like charge it fully, then not use it for 2 weeks while travelling and then still be able to use it after the two weeks without re-charging? In other words how long does it take for a pencil to discharge on its own without use?

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Depends on how much it is moving. I find it doesn't drain at all when it sits on my desk for periods of time, but in my backpack, it drains per day around 15%-20%.

For the purposes of a trip, I wouldn't worry about the effects of 1-2 charges via the iPad. There are people I know using Apple Pencils that they have charged via their iPad (only) for years.

3. chabig macrumors 603

It would only be a concern if you expect the iPad to also last two weeks without recharging. If you can charge the iPad you can charge the pencil.

4. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

If you’re moving a lot, it won’t hold a charge very well.