How long does Apple usually take to ship a ctoMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hermoon, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Hermoon macrumors newbie

Hi,

My aunt is currently visiting the US and yesterday I ordered a cto MBP to her visiting address.
    She leaves the country around 3 p.m. on Friday and I want to know what my chances are that she receives my MBP in time. She resides in Virginia and my order status say's that my MBP is going to ship in the next 1-3 business days and delivered within 2-3 business days. I reckon that if Apple ships my MBP in 1-2 days I'm good. But usually how fast does Apple's warehouse ship cto MBP's?

Btw i ordered the 13 inch 2,26 ghz with 4 GB memory and 320 GB harddrive.

2. BradenG macrumors regular

I ordered mine on Wednesday August 12th and it arrived at my doorstep Friday August 14th. :D Was pretty happy with that. Not sure if your configuration might delay it a bit, I just customized the ram, looks like you did the ram and hd.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

I would really doubt that anyone has ordered enough of them to sit around and construct a confidence interval with all of the variables included for the delivery to your location...

It will take longer to get to the east coast than the west; shipping will almost certainly take the three days.

4. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking that the members that bought a cto MBP could come in here and share their experience. I'm more worried when they are going to ship it instead of how long the shipping will take. But i don't know, maybe i should be worried about them both.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I ordered a 2.53 GHz with a 500 GB HDD Monday morning. It shipped from Shanghai Wednesday, and was delivered to me in CA Friday morning.

6. CSHawkeye81 macrumors member

It took about 5 business days for me to get mine.

7. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

8. thisisalex90 macrumors newbie

Ordered a 17" MBP last sunday and it shipped on friday although FedEx has been busting their butt and my current status says its on the FedEx truck for delivery. I'm on the east coast (NC)

9. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

Ordered mine on August 10th and it just got to the local FedEx center this morning the 17th. Going to pick it up at lunch! Although with hindsight being 20/20 i would have just paid the $15 bucks for the faster shipping...oh well.

10. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you customize it?

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I ordered mine on Monday for the Dev Store. Upgraded the HD to the 7200. Didn't ship until Saturday and I had the upgrade shipping. Apple and I have had some not so nice conversations because I leave on Wednesday which is the expected arrival date.

12. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear, I hope that you get your mac in time

13. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I saw today that my MBP is in transit and the estimated delivery date is the 20th august! I just hope that nothing goes wrong now :D.

14. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

Yeah I upgraded to the 4GB of RAM and a larger hard drive. I did however pick it up at FedEx yesterday evening and I cant wait to see what this thing can do. Now if I could only not be at work right now :(

15. emcham macrumors member

you ordered it on sunday? i'd say you will get it before friday at 3! :) i've ordered a few CTOs on monday evenings and gotten them before the end of the week.

16. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

about 3 days in my experience. no deliveries on sat or sun, but the package moves in those days.

17. Hermoon thread starter macrumors newbie

I just saw that my MBP was delivered to my aunt today! feels great that everything got worked out, I can't wait to Saturday when she gets home!