How long does it take Amazon to get new Macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by appleii2mac, May 23, 2007.

1. appleii2mac macrumors regular

I did go search for an answer for this, but since I'm not entirely sure when various new models came out, the answer wasn't entirely clear.

Basically, I'm looking to get a new Macbook Pro. If (I know it's a big if) they are updated before/during WWDC, how long would it take for them to usually show up on Amazon, as opposed to ordering from Apple? I can get a corporate discount that's basically equivalent to my local sales tax if I order from Apple, but I'm an Amazon Prime member, so overnight shipping is like $4 for me.

I suppose I'm marginally inclined to order from Amazon if there's a rebate on the new models when (if) they come out, but I'd rather not have to wait several extra weeks to get it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. theISHkid macrumors regular

They seem to get it as fast as other retailers do. Might be a week behind Apple but nothing out of the ordinary.

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Wow. I can't believe Amazon actually ships computers via Prime. $80 for a year for prime is probably worth it for one purchase of this magnitude.

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Amazon has a 4-6 week lead time on the mid-range MB and 24hr on the others. I wonder why this is?

5. appleii2mac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I just verified. 2 day shipping is free and overnight is $3.99 for a black macbook.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Do they ship MacPros via prime too? :)

7. appleii2mac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Same price.