How long does it take Apple to fully bill your account when an order is placed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by writeous, Aug 24, 2007.

1. writeous macrumors regular

Hello everyone, I'm a new user here. I will be purchasing a macbook pro within the next week, and I was wondering how long does Apple usually take to bill your account once you place the order. I was asking because I get paid on a friday, but when ordering that close to the weekend, it adds more days to your shipping. So I was thinking that if Apple doesnt charge your account until its officially being shipped off from the factory, I could place the order on a tuesday or wednesday, save me sometime in the process, while not having to worry that my account wont be billed before my payday (friday). Any info would be appreciated.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

3. writeous thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, so how long is that usually, is it the 5 to 10 days they list on their website?

4. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

yep... sometimes shorter :p

... I would really recommend you to buy your computer at a apple store if there is one near you.

5. writeous thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I really want to too, but I'm getting the 2.2ghz Macbook Pro with the upgraded hardrive to 160 gbs, and I dont think they do upgrades, or even have an upgraded one instock in the retail stores. I think I will call to make sure though. Does anybody know if they offer upgrades outside of RAM in the retail store?

6. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

They would probably at the time of order run the card through for approval. If the funds are not there to cover the amount, it will be declined.

7. Winterfell macrumors regular

When I purchased my MacBook Pro back in March, they didn't bill my card until about two weeks after it had shipped. I don't know that the same will happen for you, but my bank account went a while before the charge hit. ^-^

8. writeous thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, thats what happened. It went into the "Check Card hold" area, but once it clears(usually takes 3 business days), it probably will disappear from that area, then reappear in the transaction section when they do ship it.