How long does it take apple to send confirmation email?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elie.fares, Aug 7, 2009.

1. elie.fares macrumors regular

Hey,

I ordered a macbook pro and an iPod touch yesterday and didn't get a confirmation email so I cancelled.
    I contacted the bank today and everything is in order so I ordered again and it's been 2 hours and I didn't get the confirmation email yet.

Does it usually take this long?
    I've never bought on the online apple store before. I got the "thank you for your order" thing and everything so I'm sure they accepted the credit card. I'm not sure why the email is taking forever and it's getting me to be a little edgy.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Have you checked your junk mail? If it's not there, have to tried calling Apple to see if they have a record of your order?

3. hiohokaybye macrumors regular

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You cancelled the order just because you didn't get a timely email from them? All you had to do to confirm your order was in place was to go to Apple's online store and check your account. Don't be so hasty, check all your available options first, including coming here BEFORE you cancel.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Usually anywhere from 24-48 hours. I don't know why it takes that long. I know for confirmations for AppleCare it can come anywhere from a few days to even up to 3 weeks.

6. Walt Dizzle macrumors newbie

I ordered a Macbook Pro, iPod Touch, and a printer at 11 am today and got my e-mail at 6 pm

7. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I ordered one yesterday around 3 or so in the afternoon and got a shipment confirmation around 8 in the evening.

8. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Just ordered a macbook pro 13" with customization and haven't got the email yet

9. Englehard09 macrumors newbie

my shipment...

I placed an order online at apple(Friday 12/18/09) they never sent me a confirmation email, I change something with my order then I received an "change order" email...but my order still has gone through....

But my question is..on apple.com via my account it say "not yet shipped" but when I call to check my order status it says my macbook and two ipods are prepared for shipment can sombebody explain this to me..is my order bein sent to me? Or do have to cancel because its been 3 days..well 2 if you don't include Sunday...so please explain because the office is closed