How long does it take for a macbook to ship?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lovingmymacbook, Aug 23, 2010.

1. lovingmymacbook macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I ordered my macbook, everything default, except with 4gb, yesterday (sunday), how long will it take for my macbook to be shipped to my house, (in canada) ?

2. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

it all depends . . . it can ship within 1-3 days then delivery can be 1-3 days . . .

depends on stock and order levels, I'd imagine they're busy with back to school and new iMac/Mac Pros ;-)

3. tbrinkma macrumors 68000

I ordered my new 17" MBP on Friday (everything top of the line), and it shipped this morning.

4. SPX macrumors member

When you ordered the unit, it told you "Ships in x - y days." My experience with Apple has been that the products ship within the mentioned window (sometimes sooner), and usually on the earlier side rather than the later side.

5. lovingmymacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys,
    it said 1-3 days to ship,
    so i should be expecting it monday-thursday?
    .. hopefully soon, i cant wait :)

6. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

as it's just a small BTO change it should ship today, I assume after that you'll be in the hands of the UPS gods :p

7. BIS2 macrumors regular

I ordered a MBP last Sunday and had it on Wed (via standard shipping). Last time I ordered it was shipped from China and took much longer.....this one went out from PA - I'm in Boston so that helped.