How long does it take for an App to be approved?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kruguitar, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Kruguitar macrumors newbie

I have been waiting for an App for FirstClass email client my school district uses and have been told by Open Text the App has been submitted weeks ago and they are waiting for approval for it to be posted in the App Store. This email client is necessary for my work as a school administrator and I am tired of getting the run-around from Open Text. Does anyone have any idea how to check the status of an App that has been submitted?

In the meantime, Open Text recommends I set up an IMAP account for my FirstClass email. I have tried this and it takes entirely too long to sync. IMAP does not work. I can access the account as webmail but it is cumbersome as all webmail users already know.

Any help on this issue is appreciated!

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

There's no way to get a status update on the app approval. Even bigger companies like Sling Media are left in the dark.

Most (around %90) are approved within 2 weeks.

3. return7 macrumors 6502

Yep. Mostly 1-2 weeks...but it can (and does...like it is now for us) take longer.

4. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I've never had an initial release nor an update take longer than two weeks. However, most of the time it takes 6 days or so. I've had some where it only takes as few as 3 or 4 days and recently maybe 7 or 8 days, but that was with the Easter weekend.

5. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

I have experienced everything between 8 weeks to just a few days. Even for updates. I had an update wait 6 weeks simply because of the wording of my update notes. I finally got a call asking me to remove a sentence and got approved soon as I removed it.

6. Gennubian macrumors newbie

In our experience so far it's taken usually about 6 - 9 days for new apps or updates.

7. EmptyPockets macrumors regular

It took about a week a week for our app to be approved but it gets delayed if there are any issues or problems with your app.

8. eigo macrumors newbie

App Store Approval Time

We wrote an article late last year that profiles all of our app submission times; approval, refusal, approval after refusal.

Take a look here: App Store Approval Time

9. Vizin macrumors 6502a

It can be pretty inconsistent. When I first started developing apps in Summer '09 my first app took over 20 days. In Spring '10 I had a brand new app take less than 48 hours. The average seems to be about a week, but it can really vary.