How long does it take for Applecare+ to show up?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PittsDriver, Apr 30, 2012.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I went in on Friday to add Applecare+ to a previously purchased iPad3. The rep said it was all added up, gave me nothing but the receipt for the CC transaction and sent me on my way. When I check online it still doesn't show my coverage being extended. Is there usually something physical that is given when you purchase applecare+?

2. Stouver macrumors member

3. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

I purchased AC+ from an Apple store and it took about a week after the purchase for me to get some paperwork in the mail. I'm not sure if this is normal or if this is because I added AC+ to my iPad after it was purchased.

4. breezyf808 macrumors regular

I called apple and they placed it for me and the confirmation and payment was sent into my email in about an hour. My physical receipt came in the mail a day or two later.
    I read in one post, of it taking a little longer when u do it at the apple store.
    As long as u have a reciept from the store it should be good.
    Or also try checking your emails if u have a coy there, if it doesnt show up in reg mail try checking junk mail

5. jlinear macrumors member

I bought my iPad at Best Buy. Several days later I went to the local Apple store and bought Applecare+ for it. I waited 3-4 days and the warranty purchase didn't show up properly on Apple's web site: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do.

I went back to the Apple store and for some reason they couldn't properly update the system to link my Best Buy purchased iPad with my Apple store purchased Applecare+. To solve the problem the Apple genius "returned" my Best Buy purchased iPad and "sold" me an Apple store purchased iPad (It was actually the same iPad). He was then able to link my iPad to my Applecare+ warranty and the linkage showed up almost immediately on Apple's warranty web site. I hope that makes sense.

6. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Interesting, I am in that same exact situation I wonder if I will have to do the same thing...

7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

8. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I purchased AC+ at an Apple Store. Obviously had the receipt right away. Warranty info for the iPad took over two weeks to get updated. No worries, it'll update.

9. ZipZap macrumors 603

Skip the store.

Call Apple direct and buy it.

Coverage is assigned based upon serial number so I cannot figure why linking the warranty to a device has anything to do with where it was purchased.

10. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I so I checked this morning and it's updated. Took about 5 days to update.