How long does it take for AT&T to activate the iPhone 4? (re: upgrade)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sofakng, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

I've just received my iPhone 4 and used AT&T's website to activate my phone. At the end of the process it said "Pending".

Afterwards I used iTunes to activate (register?) the phone but the phone still says No Service.

Do I have to do anything else? My old phone is turned off...

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Turn your phone off and then on, and you should get activated soon after.

4. sofakng thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that...

It says "Waiting for activation - This may take some time." on the lock screen of the iPhone.

Hmmm...

5. rsday75 macrumors newbie

I activated the new one online, hooked up to iTunes and let it sync as a new phone and went to bed. Still hadn't activated. I had to call AT&T and got run-around for 1 hour until someone finally got the activation to work. (Did get a free month of service for my trouble.) This was 07/07.

6. sofakng thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help everybody.

I waited an hour with both phones off (ie. my old phone and new phone) and it never activated so I called AT&T.

I was on hold for about ten minutes but then she activated it immediately and it worked.

7. Bo15 macrumors 6502

Bo15

Same problem here with activating on-line with the link from the Premier email. "Pending"

Finally went here: ATT Activations and answered the few questions and was activated in about a minute.

Nothing with Premier seemed to go right. Tracking website no good. Activation link no good. Email "shipped" no good. Using the "regular" order tracking and activation web sites worked excellent.