How long does it take to fully charge an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by NateEssex, May 21, 2010.

1. NateEssex macrumors 6502

How long does it take to fully charge an iPad that is run down to 0?

2. T4R06 macrumors 65816

3. MacJones macrumors 6502

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

4-5 hours with the supplied charger.
    8-10 hours with an iPhone/iPod charger, or via USB.

5. Macdicted macrumors regular

And you posted this in the accessories thread because ....... :rolleyes:

6. Lancer786 macrumors newbie

+ 24 hours if the brightness all the way down and the WiFi-.9 10 hours when the brightness all the way up and WiFi.

7. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Warning

I bought a 6' 30-pin cable from Amazon that is a $10 piece of crap.

iTunes will not recognize my iPad is plugged into the computer. Additionally, it takes forever to charge my iPad when plugged into the wall. As a comparison, it charged from 29-35 percent in an hour with the 6' cable and 35-62 percent in 20 minutes with the 30-pin cable that came with the iPad.

So be careful what kind of cables you buy. BTW, this cable must be an older style because the 30-pin connector has to be squeezed to release it from the device, just like my 2G iPod Nano connector. I haven't seen a cable like that for a long time.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

My iPad says it isn't charging if I plug it into a USB port on a computer or docking station but it is. The charged percentage goes up. I normally charge with a iPad/iPod/iPhone cable either from Apple or Belkin plugged into a 110v USB converter and it takes about 4 hours to charge.

9. NateEssex thread starter macrumors 6502

A mistake...

Of a mistake....

Thanks for the feedback all. It took about 5 hours once my iPad was totally dead. Since, it seems that the iPad battery charge depletes faster :(

10. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

An old thread here, I just got an iPad2 and have been charging it from usb for 5 1/2 hours today, and it's gone from 40% (I think, something like that) to 96% now. I thought that was weird, but from this thread, sounds like it's pretty normal?

11. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Interesting! I didn't know it was actually charging under those conditions. I wonder if it gets or loses power if it's plugged in to a USB port, but the screen's on... Good to know at any rate, I always assumed I was actually LOSING charge just having it plugged in, so tried to do what I was doing as fast as possible.

Yeah, if that's hooked to a computer's USB port I'd assume if anything that's pretty fast, since officially it's not even supposed to charge like that at all.

12. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Aren't chargers accessories?