How long does it take to get a corporation's app in the App Store?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by moonman239, Dec 31, 2011.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I am setting up an account on behalf of a corporation. I am doing a corporate account. We did have to have the company name Apple has on their records changed because the documentation Apple would need is registered under a different company. I presume Apple has received all the documentation it needs.

I hear that even if by Apple's written rules I can set up an account for the company, it can take weeks or even months to be approved and weeks to months more to have a finished app on the App Store.

Heck, in that amount of time I could have dozens of Android apps in the Android Market because they don't have a review process.

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

It takes approximately one week from when your app is uploaded to your app being available on the app store. I do not believe this changes based on whether the app is being uploaded on behalf of an individual or corporation.

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68040

PhoneyDeveloper

It takes a month of Sundays.

Good luck with that Android thing.

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

If your paperwork is correct, it takes about a week to get a corporate development account created and live. Be sure your information matches DnB exactly.

The app review process varies, but I've had apps go through in 24 hours, and waited three weeks.

5. firewood macrumors 604

Make sure to use a company email address (from a company owned domain) for the ADC account, registration, and all communication with Apple. Make sure whoever clicks on the developer program agreements has legal authorization from the company to sign binding contracts (you might want to get this in writing from the CEO or chief legal consul of the company). That could speed things up.

6. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

30-31 Sundays? Like a few months?
    Ugh
    What do you mean when you say, "Good luck with that Android thing?" Are you referring to the fact that iPhone is the most popular smartphone?

My Android app, on the other hand, is ready for download and would be on the Market if I could get some screenshots that are the right size. Ugh. Shouldn't the Android SDK produce these screenshots? It can produce screenshots, but not the right size.