How long does it take to get accepted to iPhone Developer Program?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by noah82, Mar 17, 2009.

1. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

So I have a background in computer science and have always wanted to develop my own iPhone application, so I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to do so, especially since you can download the iPhone 3.0 beta OS.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the time that I paid my $99 registration fee until it shows up in my developer account? I am sure that they have thousands of new applicants today, so I wasn't sure if this was an automated process or if somebody needs to manually review every applicant.

2. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

I signed up as a corporation and was accepted immediately. I did have to follow up with Apple by faxing my business documents after a couple of days.

I also signed up for an individual account ($99) and it took about 6 to 7 days. I think if you sign up today you will be waiting for a while.

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

4. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It took me about 30 minutes to get the e-mail when i did it.

5. stuffradio macrumors 65816

6. buckyballs macrumors regular

I'm sure Apple were expecting a rush of people today. They're probably accepting first, and asking questions later. All they really care about is the money (£70 is a lot of money to me, unless its different for UK devs? )

7. robpow macrumors regular

robpow

A couple of hours but only because there was a mismatch in my details.

8. aseewald macrumors newbie

aseewald

We applied 2-3 months before we got approved. But then again, the developer program was still very much in Beta and it was before the App Store was open. And the SDK was ready.

9. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

It's not a lot of money really. It's pretty much a nominal fee to keep out the time wasters.

10. maintosh264 macrumors newbie