How long does it take to process order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by G.T., Oct 16, 2008.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I brough the 2.4GHz mbp on october the 14th and I live in the UK. How long does it take for apple to process the order. I have been given conformation but the money has not been taken out. Is this because of alot of orders and I am just being impatiant. It said it would arrive no later than the 31st so is it that apple won't take my money until my order is ready, will I get another email saying it has been shipped and will arrive...[whenever it does].

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Man the site was slow, I had to wait till midnight before it was at a resonable speed to buy.

2. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please help. I'm just so curious as to what others are experiencing

3. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Same situation. Short answer few days. I have had it in a few hours, and take as long as 5 days..

In every case, I received the item well before the last day listed. Mine shows between 17th and 31st. Quite a window. I figure the week of the 20th I will get mine.

4. Mircera macrumors newbie

Some countries like Denmark has rules saying you can't draw the customers money untill you ship the product. Perhaps Apple just made this standard for them to avoid having to check the rules in the specific country.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

that is generally true in the United States as well, although there are exceptions for such things as custom orders (not necessarily computers--for example a deposit on cloth for covering a sofa).

6. big duck macrumors member

I only ordered it today, but the estimated shipping date is in 4 weeks.

7. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

8. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Ordered the 2,4GHz model a couple of hours after launch. Mine is expected to ship in 8 days, and should get here the 3rd or 4th of November.