How long does it take to recharge your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by generuss, Jun 9, 2010.

  1. generuss macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2010
    #1
    I am in China/Beijing right now and I am using my swedish charger to charge my iPad here. I talked to some people at the Apple store and they told me that i could use my own charger becouse both we in sweden and china have 220w.

    But i think it charges to fast... It was 3% and I went out for an ~ hour and it was already 30% when I came back.

    How long does it take for you to recharge it back to 100% again? Not trough a computer.
     
  2. techguy1 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Location:
    London
    #2
    My first full charge from 0% - 100% took 4hrs using the mains adapter.
    I'm in the UK.
     
  3. Rowbear macrumors 6502a

    Rowbear

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Location:
    Gatineau, PQ, Canada
    #3
    Apple states that it should take 2 hours to charge from 0% to 80%, and another 2 hours for the remaining 20%.
     
  4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #4
    Roughly the same for me as well. Using the iPad mains charger.
     
  5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

    master-ceo

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Location:
    The SUN
  6. generuss thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2010
    #6
    Alright.

    I am at ~ 85% now so everything seem normal.
     
  7. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #7
    Using the wall charger, I typically go up about 1% every two minutes. That's very rough, but it's my personal rule of thumb for estimating.

    Using the computer is VERY slow.
     
  8. nickjaco macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    #8
    9 hours off my 1.0 USB hub
    90 Minutes off my main charger
    3 hours off my 3.0 USB Mobo

    These were all from 0-80%
     
  9. JohnSFO macrumors regular

    JohnSFO

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #9
    This has been my exact experience.
     

Share This Page