Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opeepingtomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Just wondering, because i called today to ask and the girl said 3-4months and that seemed like a really long time.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes a big university to get the newest software with student discount. There is no way it should take 3-4months, i seem to remember them having Vista faster than that.

Anyone esle university get it release day?

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Just wondering, because i called today to ask and the girl said 3-4months and that seemed like a really long time.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes a big university to get the newest software with student discount. There is no way it should take 3-4months, i seem to remember them having Vista faster than that.

Anyone esle university get it release day?
You could take your ID to the Apple Store, unless your College gets a better Institutional Rate.

megatronbomb

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Portland, OR
I stopped in at my school's bookstore about an hour before they closed tonight on my way home from classes and they had it... the gal showed me the software purchase log and I was the first one that bought a copy all day. My school sucks... we don't get any discount. I paid $149.

marsvolta

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2006
The University of Minnesota gets it Feb. 16, and students get it FREE!

Where do you get it from? The Umart online says they wont have it until spring.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked again and they updated it from last time I saw it.

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
My school doesn't have it yet. But when we do, it'll probably be around $30 like our Office 2004 was. Too bad I don't use MS Office anyway. NeoOffice for me. ^_^

opeepingtomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
yea i asked another guy today in person, he said maybe 1 - 1.5 months and they should get it. i just figured it would be faster because our school is pretty huge.

but pretty much all major software at our school is 30 bux besides the big adobe suite.

how much is it from apple w/ student ID?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.