Well I've been doing some handbrake encoding lately, and it really is taking forever. I know it's a laptop and all, but I just don't think this MBP is cutting it anymore. It's a 2.16 Intel Core Duo with 1GB ram. The screen is beginning to dim too (this was before the LED screens came out). I also want to get the 17 inch model this time, maybe with a glossy high res screen (still on the fence on glossy, but we all know thats a old topic now, lol). I looked at my emails when I bought it, May 06. I'll still keep this one, maybe for a small media server type setup. How long are you guys going before buying new MBP's? I was hoping to wait out until a new design comes out, but it doesn't look like thats happening anytime soon.