iPod touch How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mknabster, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mknabster macrumors regular

Hey all, I just got an iPod Touch for Christmas which i immediately jailbroke and have been building the packages and tweak list since then. I'm curious as to how long your iPod Touch's last with normal use. I'm mainly using mine for use with apps, not for music, videos, or games, though i do have a few on there. It's more of a replacement to my old Palm I used to use prior, so more of an office companion for productivity. Over the past 2 days, I have noticed that as soon as the iPod reads fully charged, and i unplug it, the battery indicator reads 95-97%, never anything above that. Any idea what that could be?

2. BrHop156 macrumors member

BrHop156

There's a reason why apple didn't include percentage for iPod touch users. The battery has a bad sensor and is inaccurate

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Orginal thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1273750

Please use this for battery meassure against others.

Thank you.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread is useful for reference, but this thread is in the Hacks sub forum and deals with jailbroken devices which may have different battery life.

B

5. ddegrasse macrumors newbie

Ipod having same problem

I'm having the same problem with my ipod... but i turned off the percentage, restored, jailbroke, deleted all the data from ssh, restored, and the battery still goes quick!?:confused: any ideas?

6. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

I am in same situation as you.

The iPod routinely charges up to 95% and never above that. My iPod seems to run for 2 hours of use before falling to 20%. This is the drawback that comes with cydia tweaks so I don't mind it.

I do however take advantage of airplane mode whenever I can to save battery and usually set screen brightness to 15% during none use with SBsettings and to 30% in use. I never use the iPod at anything over 50% screen brightness.

7. Macipoduser macrumors newbie

Are you running iOS 5? iOS 5 Has a special feature where you can leave apps running in the background, you can completely exit the apps by tapping the home button two times, which will show up a bar of some sort that contains apps running in the backbackground, tap and hold
    One of the till they start jiggling and then tap the x button in each of them so you completely exit them, when i didn't know about this my battery went out 50% faster than it does know